About Me

My photo
I am 28 and a first time mom to Roan James, the most precious baby to step on earth (well at least I think so.) I am married to the most amazing man ever and love spending all my time with my two boys.

Mr. Rochefort Tricks

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

One thing that sucks about Italy

So one thing you should know about Italy....

Nothing is EVER open. Stores are closed usually on Mondays, actually a Monday looks like a Sunday in a small town. Yesterday I took a bus to the big store that sells all the Italian food and when I get there after a 40 minute hike and a bus ticket, it was closed. Because its monday. Stores are closed from 12-2 in the afternoon as well and then one day a week, depending on the owner stores are closed a half day. You never know when things will be open. This includes pizza places, cafès and grocery stores. Now you can still find stuff, and not EVERYTHING closed. But lets just say it is NOT like America. However in America you dont have food markets that span for blocks. Its awesome. They are everywhere. And the fruit is really really good.

So yesterday I used a badae for the first time. I have one in my bathroom. It NEVER gets used by me. The family I live with was like none of the Americans use the badae. Well I was looking at it yesterday and was thinking,. hmmmm I wanna try,. Let me just say those things are awesome. Everyone should have one. It shoots water up your butt. Its not like a lot its nice. So I am sure everyone is thinking WOW TMI. but I bet your all laughing. This is the stuff you want to read on a blog. The stuff you tell your friends and they repeat it the first time meeting your new boyfriend :)

SO last night I went out with the guy that I met Sunday. We went with 3 of his friends to a brewery. The beer was really nice. The two girls we went with want to come beer hopping through belgium with me in July. It will be AWESOME. I had a really nice time. So today I need to find a ballet school. Still have not done that. Ok well I am going to run. I will have to think of some funny things to put on here. Im trying to get ready for the beach and have no idea where pple get bikini waxes around here. Im sure that would make for some GREAT stories. Scuzie dove a bikini wax. This should be fun.
Ciao

2 comments:

Tami said...

I literally laughed out loud reading your blog. Hilarious!

E said...

**sigh** I miss Italy.....(but not b/c of the bidet!) :)